Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bringing It to the Public One Post at a Time

So today I decided to take the writing I have been doing since Brynna was born in October and passed away in November, and cut and paste into a blog.

I have had this blog for quite some time but it was previously called "Five Finnegans".  I of course needed to change the name, now that we have added an angel baby to our family.  I have not blogged in quite some time, but I am back.

Throughout the past 5 months, I have read many other blogs of bereaved parents and their words have offered me comfort at times when I feel nobody in this world understands what we as a family are going through.  We are not alone.  I see that now, and my hope is that maybe someday, someone will happen across my blog and get the same sense of support that I was granted on our journey down this grief road.  Please, if those of you reading this know somebody who is going through the grief of losing a child, let them know they are not alone, and welcome them to read along as well.

I have gone back and put my journal entries/writings in chronological order beginning in October 2011 and have progressed forward in time to today.

My goal is to continue to write what is on my heart.  Everything from the pain of losing Brynna and surviving to tell about it, to the daily adventures and joys the boys take us on, will be chronicled here.  For this is our life and it is not by any means easy, but it is OUR life and we are LIVING, and for that we are thankful.



2 comments:

Jane said...

It takes a lot of courage to share your writing with the world. I can only imagine it will bring comfort to other families who lose a child. It brings understanding to those of us who love you and can't know what it is like to be in your shoes. Love you Laura.

Laura Finnegan said...

Thank you, Jane. I do feel a bit vulnerable, but I'm guessing so did all the other parents who stepped out into blog land for the first time after the death of their child. Hopefully it helps somebody, somewhere.

Love you too, my friend.